Today I am bringing you a recipe that left me in awe…A Big Mac casserole, that I like to call Big Mac Noodle Bake. I had ground beef and I was craving a Big Mac, so low and behold the Big Mac Bake was born.
It is hearty, packed with flavor and it is EASY to make. I am including a recipe to make your own Mac sauce, but I have to tell you I used Ken’s Steakhouse Thousand Island Dressing and it did not disappoint. I will be using it from now on.
The toppings are so much fun and elevates it from being a boring casserole…plus it is FUN. Another idea I had was grilling the onions instead of sautéing with the ground beef…but let’s face it that would make it an In-N-Out bake.
Big Mac Noodle Bake
- 1 8x8 Casserole Dish
- 10 oz cellentani noodles you can guesstimate with the pasta. I used a little over half. Also any pasta shape will work, but make it fun.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 white onion
- 2 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- dill pickles sliced into rounds, or hamburger chips
- white onion chopped
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Ken's Steakhouse Thousand Island Dressing (unless you decide to make Mac Sauce. I prefer the Kens!)
- 1/2 tbs mayonaise
- 2 tbs sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk it all together and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil noodles and drain. Layer the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish with the noodles.
- Add olive oil to pan then add the beef and season with onion and garlic powder. Brown the beef. When it is half way done, add 3/4 of the chopped onion. Cook until the beef is done and the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the mustard.
- Add beef mixture on top of the noodles.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes
- Top with all the topping and the dressing (or Mac Sauce)